Per-diem firefighters/EMS providers
The Town of Belgrade is seeking motivated firefighters and emergency medical service providers to work per-diem schedules during summer weekends and when the Fire & Rescue Department's full-time personnel are on vacation or taking sick time. Per-diem schedules are based on 10-hour days, typically from 8 a.m.-6 p.m. to cover vacations and sick time for full-time firefighters/EMS. Hours may vary due to emergency calls. Per-diem firefighters/EMS are also needed for overnight shifts on Fridays (6 p.m.-8 a.m.), Saturdays (8 p.m.-8 a.m.) and Sundays (8 p.m.-8 a.m.) from Memorial Day to Labor Day.Per-diem firefighters/EMS are required to work four (4) shifts per year to remain as a per-diem employee. Pay will be at the budgeted rate. A job description, along with an employment application, are posted to the left. For more information, contact Rescue Chief Travis Burton at 207-495-7739 or email@example.com.
Code Enforcement Officer / Licensed Plumbing Inspector
The Town of Belgrade is seeking a code enforcement officer and a licensed plumbing inspector. The code enforcement officer works up to 25 hours per week issuing permits, performing inspections, and working with the Planning Board Meeting on applications primarily for commercial and shoreland permits. A job description and application are posted at the Town of Belgrade website. For more information please contact, Interim Town Manager Mary J. Vogel at 207-495-2258 or firstname.lastname@example.org
8 Dalton Road Roof Repair
Town of Belgrade
The Town of Belgrade is now seeking proposals for the replacement of the roof on 8 Dalton Lane located on Dalton Lane. The following work will need to be completed.
- The roof will need to be stripped of all metal roofing and shingles down to original sheathing.
- Repair any boards that are showing rot or damage and that are not structurally sound.
- Install 8” white galvanized drip edge on all rakes and eves of roof.
- Use (CertainTeed Winterguard HT) ice and water shield or equivalent up 6’ up from bottom and 3’ in all valleys and around all penetrations of roof.
- Use (CertainTeed DiamondDeck) underlayment on remaining roof.
- Re-shingle roof with Lifetime (CertainTeed Landmark) architectural shingles.
- Install new pipe flanges.
- Reflash chimney.
- Clean up all debris and haul off.
All work must be completed prior to November 1, 2022. All Businesses or individuals submitting proposals must provide copies of all the necessary professional certifications to provide these services and proof of insurances. Any questions regarding the requirements for this proposal must be directed to the Town Manager or facility maintenance. Responses to this RFP must be delivered or mailed to the Belgrade Town Office addressed to:
“8 Dalton Lane Roofing RFP”
Lorna Dee Nichols, Town Manager/Cory Alexander, Facilities Maintenance Supervisor
Town of Belgrade
990 Augusta Road
Belgrade, Maine 04917
The Town of Belgrade has the right to accept or reject any and all bids.