Universal waste is hazardous waste that is widely generated by most everyone, including businesses, households, municipalities and schools. The following universal waste is accepted at the Transfer Station at the listed fee:
- House paints (latex and oil-based): no charge. Paints and oil-based stains should be in their original containers with the lid closed and the original label affixed. Please see an attendant about these containers and their contents.
- Ballasts (with PCB): $1 each
- Computers, monitors and printers (all in one): $5
- Fluorescent bulbs: no charge
- Mercury-containing devices (thermostats, vehicle switches, lamps, etc.): $5 each
- Rechargeable batteries (all types): no charge
- Televisions (all types): $5 each