The Belgrade Planing Board will hold a public hearing on a solar array project commercial application. Solar Fields LLC proposes to construct a 2-MWAC solar array. The location of the proposed project is located on a 25-acre lot at 242 Manchester Road, Map 7 Lot 25B. Copies of the application can be viewed online at http://bitly.ws/8HSb. To access the documents, click on the link and enter a valid email address. A physical copy of the application is also available for viewing at the Town Office, 990 Augusta Road. The Town Office is open 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. weekdays and from 8 a.m.-noon Saturdays.
The public hearing will be online at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, June 18, 2020, at this Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83033101494.
Afterward, the Planning Board will conduct its regularly scheduled meeting.
UPDATE: Late Tuesday, June 16, the Town received the following message from Tom Daniels, a project engineer for TRC, an engineering consulting firm that is assisting Solar Fields LLC with its application. The document he references is attached below.
On behalf of Solar Fields LLC, we are submitting a revised drawing package for the proposed solar array at 242 Manchester Road. Below is a brief summary of the changes. We look forward to discussing the project again this Thursday, June 18, 2020.
- Landscaping has been added along the Projects’ frontage on Manchester Road to improve the existing visual buffer as well as along portions of the northern property boundary. These updates were added based on the discussion the Solar Fields project team had with participating members of the Planning Board during the June 4th, 2020 meeting;
- Added Sheet C-5: Landscaping Notes & Details, to address installation, watering, maintenance, and warrantee requirements of the proposed landscaped visual buffers;
- I received a phone call from Chief Mackenzie on June 15th, 2020 to discuss the project. Based on our conversation, the following changes were made to the plans:
- Added five vehicles gates to the perimeter array fencing (four to western array and one to the eastern array) to improve Belgrade Fire/Rescue’s access to all sides of the array;
- Added “Perimeter Access Travel Way Detail” to Sheet C-3 to demonstrate how the space along the interior and exterior of the array fencing will be prepared to allow anticipated emergency vehicles (Forestry Truck, UTV, Pick-up Trucks) to have full access to the perimeter of the Facility; and
- Other minor changes to formatting of sheet annotations, call outs, etc. based on the changes described above.