The Town of Belgrade is seeking a code enforcement officer/local plumbing inspector to work up to 25 hours per week to equitably and fairly enforce municipal codes, planning ordinances and other regulations and laws. Among the essential duties are:
- Reviews all plans submitted with building and planning permit applications to ensure plans comply with ordinances and regulations.
- Issues building and plumbing permits.
- Inspects all plumbing (internal and external) for compliance with the State’s plumbing code.
- Enforces the local shoreland zoning ordinance in accordance with procedures contained therein.
- Investigates complaints of possible code violations, enforcing rules and regulations to ensure compliance.
- Attends Planning Board and Board of Appeals meetings to provide information and assist in their decision-making.
- Keeps complete records of all essential transactions, including applications submitted, permits granted or denied, variances granted or denied, revocation actions, revocation of permits, appeals, court actions, violations investigated, violations found and fees collected.
A job description, along with an employment application, are posted at this link.
Experience and certification is preferred, although the Town will consider other candidates. Applicants who lack certification must acquire that within a year of their hiring.
Required office hours include 4:30 p.m.-7 p.m. Thursdays. Salary will be negotiable, depending upon one's experience.
For more information, contact Town Manager Anthony Wilson at 207-495-2258 or email@example.com.